Why You Should Consider a Ductless Air Conditioning System
A comfortable environment helps everyone feel at home. Ductless air conditioning systems, or mini-split systems allow you to turn each room into a temperature controlled zone to meet the cooling and heating needs of each individual. Mini-splits are a type of cooling and heating system that permits you to manage the temperature levels in specific spaces or areas. Ductless mini-split systems have 2 primary parts, an outside compressor or condenser and an indoor air-handling systems or evaporator. They are simple to set up, generally only needing just a three-inch hole through a wall for the channel which houses the power and interaction electric line, refrigerant line and a condensation drain line, connecting the outside and indoor systems.
Mini-split heat pump are not just excellent options for the entire house or brand-new build outs, but are also a great retrofit add-ons to homes with “non-ducted” heating units, such as radiant panels, hydronic or hot water heat systems and area heating units such as wood, kerosene or gas. They can likewise be an excellent option for space additions where extending or setting up duct work is not possible, and energy effective brand-new houses that need just a conditioning system for a smaller, restricted area.
Mini-Split Systems vs. Central Air Conditioning
Mini-split systems have little to no ducts, so they prevent the energy losses connected with the ductwork of main forced air systems. Duct losses can represent more than 30% of energy usage for area conditioning, specifically if the ducts remain in an unconditioned area such as an attic or basement. Central air conditioning systems need costly and invasive ductwork. Any property owner who has actually evaluated having actually central air conditioning set up comprehends how excessively pricey it is.
The Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioning Systems
There are many benefits to using mini-split systems which includes:
- Efficient – mini-split systems are more energy efficient than regular HVAC systems or window mounted units.
- Easy to install – Since they don’t require air ducts, they are relatively easy to install. They can be completed in a shorter amount of time so you can enjoy a comfortable home sooner.
- Less expensive – Ductless A/C doesn’t require duct work so it is cheaper to install. In addition, they are generally more efficient than traditional HVAC systems so you will save money on your utility bills too. Some energy companies offer rebates and cash incentives to opt for these system saving you even more money.
- Complete control – Each room can be set at different temperatures and can be remotely controlled with timers. So if you have some family members that like it warmer, while some prefer cooler temperatures, you can make everyone happy.
- Quieter – Mini-split systems are quieter than traditional HVAC systems.
- Better appearance – Ductless air conditioning systems have a smaller, sleeker appearance that can be more easily integrated into your home’s design. They are more esthetically pleasing than other types of systems.
Contact us today if you need ductless air conditioning installation, repair or maintenance for your home or business.